Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut, Institute of Farm Animal Genetics
2002 Veterinary Approbation
1996-2002 Veterinary Medicine, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Foundation, Germany
since 2012 Postdoctoral research fellow within the DFG-funded Transregional Collaborative Research Centre 127: "Biology of xenogeneic cell, tissue and organ transplantation- from bench to bedside". Funding until summer 2020.
since 2012 Member of the Cluster of Excellence "Rebirth" at the Hanover Medical School (Area C, Unit 9.1: Large Animal Models).
2004-2012 Postdoctoral research fellow in the DFG-funded Transregional Research Unit "Xenotransplantation" (FOR 535) and the EU- funded project "Xenome" (2006-2012).
2002-2004 Doctoral thesis at the Institute of Farm Animal Genetics in Mariensee. Topic: Generation of alpha1,3-galactosyltransferase deficient pigs by somatic cell nuclear transfer and homologous recombination “.
Grade: „summa cum laude “
MAIN RESEARCH TOPICS
- Transgenesis in large farm animals (Transposons, Recombinases)
- Gene editing in farm animals (Zinc-Finger Nucleases, TALENs, CRISPR/Cas)
- Biomedical large animal models
- Somatic cell nuclear transfer
- In vitro production of embryos
- Molecular genetics and cell biology
- Reproduction Biology